Moving to Ontario?

  • Do I need to pass a road test when I move to Ontario from another province, for example, Quebec?
    You do not have to take a road test if you meet the following criteria:

    • Have at least 2 years of experience within the past 3 years.
    • Can provide appropriate identification documents
    • Can provide proof of licence status
    • Can pass a vision test

    If you have less than 2 years of experience, you can trade in your licence for a G2 licence and will eventually have to take a road test in order to get a G licence.

  • If I move to Ontario, how long may I drive with my non-province licence?
  • How long can I drive with my out-of-country licence while visiting Ontario?
  • If I move to Ontario, how long can I legally drive with my out-of-country licence?
  • Where can I find more driving-related information about moving to Ontario?