Home  »  Truck Training
Truck Training

Book a Driving School

Trubicars partners with leading, top-rated, top-quality driving schools throughout Canada and passes down the best pricing and packages to you. This means that regardless of where you live or what type of license you are looking to get, you can rest-assured that when you choose a package from Trubicars that you will be properly prepared and confident to pass your test.

Truck Training

Get a Truck Training and a Truck Driver’s License

Throughout Canada, driving licenses are mandated by provinces, and each can have different requirements and restrictions. For those looking to be a truck driver, the following are the class requirements.

Truck Driver – Class Requirements


To obtain a Class A License in Ontario you must have a standard driver’s license, be at least 18 years of age, pass an eye and medical exam, and take a written exam that tests your understanding of road knowledge, signs, and details of operating a Commercial vehicle.

Truck Training

Once you obtain your beginner Class A License, you must take an approved training course that combines classroom and in-truck training to obtain your Class A license. If you wish to drive straight trucks, you can follow the same process but for a Class D license.


To obtain a Class 1 Driver’s License, the requirements are quite similar to that in Ontario. You must have passed a medical and eye exam plus take an approved driver’s training program designed for Class 1 licenses. This involves classroom, in-truck training, and a professional internship.


British Columbia

To obtain a Class 1 license in BC you have to be 19 years of age, and pass a written test, road test, eye exam, and an air brake knowledge test. If you only wish to drive straight trucks, you can obtain a class 3 license at the age of 18.



You can obtain a Class 1 license in Alberta when you turn 18 years of age. The steps are the same as required in Ontario, including the written knowledge test, eye exam, and medical and road test. You will also need to take a written air brake test as well.



In Saskatchewan, you need to be 18 and no longer hold a novice driver’s license to obtain a Class 1 license. You need to write an air break exam, get a medical done, pass an eye exam, and pass a knowledge test. You will also need to pass your road exam which includes passing a pre-trip inspection test. If you fail this portion you will not move on to the driving portion of the exam.



At the age of 18 in Manitoba, an individual can obtain a Class 1 license. To pass you need to have authorized driving instructors involved in your training, pass a road exam, and pass a medical and vision test.


New Brunswick

Likewise, in New Brunswick, you also need to be 18 to obtain a Class 1 license. In addition, you will have to go through the graduate licensing program for a standard driver’s license. In addition to training and instruction, you need to pass an air brake exam, a vision test, an eye test, a knowledge test, and a road test which includes a test of your vehicle pre-inspection.


Nova Scotia

At the age of 18, you can obtain a Class A license in Nova Scotia. Like in the other provinces, you need to pass an air brake endorsement exam, a vision test, a medical exam, a knowledge test, and a road test.


Prince Edward Island

In Prince Edward Island, drivers need to be at least 19 years of age and have moved beyond the graduated licensing system to obtain a Class 1 license. The exams required are the same as in the other provinces: eye exam, medical exam, air brake test, knowledge test, road test, and pre-inspection test.


Newfoundland and Labrador

You can go for your Class 1 license in Newfoundland after you have held your class 5 license for a minimum of 1 year. Like in the other provinces, you must complete a medical exam, take a vision test, take a written exam and receive an air brake endorsement. After that, you will be issued a permit authorizing you to receive driving instructions from a licensed commercial vehicle operator. Once you have completed your training you can take a road exam.

Motorcycle Training

Car Training

Book G2 Road Test