At Trubicars, we believe that enrolling in a Beginner Drivers Education Course (BDE Course) is your best bet for learning how to be a safe and responsible driver on Ontario Roads. Many people believe that taking a BDE Course is boring, uninformative, and non-engaging. However, Trubicars aims to ensure that you learn lots of valuable information while also ensuring that you aren’t bored during your course.
1 So What Will I Learn?
All Ministry Approved Driver Education Courses in Ontario are aware of the rules of the road and will prepare you to be successful on your road tests. They will teach you traffic laws, traffic signs, and signals, positive driving attitudes, as well as any fundamentals you will need to be confident and safe behind the wheel. The fundamentals will include components of the vehicle, driver behavior, attention management, sharing the road with other road users, highway driving, how to safely drive in various conditions, and More! (Essentially everything you will need to know about driving!) Additionally, BDE Courses will teach you the consequences of driving impaired, distracted driving, etc, and their penalties.
All Ministry Approved Driving Schools will include at least the:
- 20 Hours of Classroom Instruction and
- 10 Hours of In-vehicle training
- 10 hours of flexible instruction (either through Classroom driving instruction, homework, or computer-based instruction)
It’s Important to Note that: ALL MINISTRY APPROVED BDE COURSES MUST LAST A MINIMUM OF 40 HOURS!
2 What Should I Know Before I Select A Driving School?
Here are some tips to consider when selecting a driving school:
- Ensure they are Ministry Approved
- Ensure the driving school is not listed as a Revoked Driving School
- Take any recommendations from your trusted friends and/or family
- Set up meetings with Driving Instructors
At Trubicars, we can help you select a Ministry Approved Driving School to complete your BDE Course. You can view a list of Ministry Approved by clicking on this link here: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/driver/driving-schools.shtml When you complete a Beginner Drivers Education Course through a government-approved driving school, they will issue you a BDE Certificate of course completion and will update your student record with the ministry so that you have successfully completed the course.
3 Did You Know?
- By taking a BDE Course you may be eligible to take your G1 road test sooner
- By taking a BDE course you can get a discounted insurance rate
- To get proof that you’ve completed the course, you must request A Driver’s License History (this can only be completed by the license holder)
- All driving instructors
It’s important to remember that driving is a privilege NOT a right. At Trubicars, we recognize and encourage our students to remember that driving is a big responsibility, and it is your duty as an operator of a motorized vehicle to ensure that you remain safe and responsible behind the wheel. If you are looking for more information on common mistakes new drivers make, check out the Trubicars website!MANITOBA:
Class 4 License Winnipeg
Class 5 Road Test Winnipeg
G2 Road Test
G2 Drivers License
Drivers Licences Motorcycles
Driving Lessons in London Ontario
Driving instructors in London Ontario
London Ontario Driving Schools